Monday, May 7, 2012

The Assigment

The Assignment is to write an essay about yourself.

I have to write a poem about myself? Easy. Who knows me better than me?
Let's see here....

There was a butterfly newly broken from the cocoon.

A butterfly? Seriously? How old am I, seven? Pull it together. I can do this, it will be easy.

The lion's mane had a wild, fierce beauty that petrified and relieved.

"That petrified and relieved." What the hell am I even talking about now? I'm just going to stay away from animals in this poem...
Come on, think, think!

Nobody knew that the doll was the forgotten dreamer, the past-tense friend.

Wow, why don't I just slit my wrists open and bleed on the paper, that would be just as emo as that line.
Why can't I think?? It's just a poem about me, why is this proving so difficult?

Every cascading  crescendo corresponds to the cleverly crystallized concept.

I don't even have any idea what that begins to mean.... I should probably stay away from the alliteration as well. No animals, no alliteration, I can do this. Right?

You have uneven lumps in the wrong place. Your too-small-eyes make your poorly-placed makeup even worse.

Okay so looking into a mirror isn't helping the creative process. Side note: Fix eyeshadow when I am done with this poem. Back to the poem. Focus. Just add some poetic words and call it good.

Her eyes were the ever-changing-grey that perceived everything in super color. Her heart-on-fire shot sparks to the night stars.

This is just getting worse and worse. I give up. I'm just keeping it simple. I have no more energy to try.
I'll just do it like this...

I am Samara. 
I'm the girl with crazy-curly hair that is sometimes too cautious.
I eat when I'm bored and have occasional insomnia.
My face smiles more than my heart does and I try really hard to be happy.
I'm nothing too special, but I'm better than I think. I really am.
Sometimes I want to give up but I never do. Because I'm a fighter.
I try to work out enough and I go to bed really early sometimes.
I have really bony fingers and a very kind heart.
I am Samara.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Emotional Outbursts?
Please recored them here...