Thursday, April 11, 2013

True Friends

Reflections of happiness, funny comradery.
Friendship built on smiles and jokes.
My true companion, my bosom friend.
 Swearing by the stars that we are separated only by death.

I feel a sharp pain in my side and start to fall downward
I turn to you my ally, my rock, my strength.
You step away. I'm so confused.
I reach out for you, gasping for kindness.
Your numb eyes watch me fall.
Watch me scratch, pull, heave and beg.
You turn away without a second glance.
Leaving me battered, bleeding and raw.
Short breathes are ragged.
I am alone with my untimed heartbeat.
Alone with my scars.
Time passes.
I've stood again. Stronger this time.
Time passes.
There's a resolution in my brow.
New strength and knowledge are here.
And then all at once you are back.
A small, silly thing.
I don't even recognize you at first.
But you haven't changed at all.

Whimsical hair as bright as the sun.
Moon eyes that have never known pain.
You fair weathered friend. You sweet darling scoundrel.
What makes you think I need you again?

1 comments:

Christian J. Clark said...

I love the way you convey such heavy emotion with your word choice.

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Emotional Outbursts?
Please recored them here...