Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Boulder and Snow


I watch you 
Standing tall against the fresh, pink sun. 
Rough, loved edges
Cracked, dry and thirsty. 

Just down the hill 
And I can almost feel you.
The searing sun slides over my ivory blanket 
Tugging at the seams

Still, I watch.

And then,
A drop of water joins another…  
Joins another… 
Joins another…

The slightest temptation of a trickle 
Glides across your ancient skin.
You breathe a heavy sigh
As I kiss your jagged jaw.

The sun soars higher  
Warming me more 
The swelter makes me shift my shoulders 
Melting away my dress like snow

The trickle has grown to a stream, 
Steadily moving down your obstinate body 
Filling each old scratch and crumble
Soothing, and healing and making anew

The sun soars higher still 
I pull and roll and shout until 
I finally give in…
I am now a roaring river!

Pushing, flowing,
Caressing and hugging,
Clashing, surging, 
Cascading then kissing

Your sweet, rugged edges 
Smoothly become weathered 
With the persuasive power of 
My passionate love.

But my power has only so much time 
And life does not grant me endless bounty. 
The tides burn up and fade
As day becomes a violaceous gray

The last part of me clings to you
Then giving in it sighs goodbye.
I turn away and accept my fate, 
Flowing home to my ocean.


"Until next spring..."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Emotional Outbursts?
Please recored them here...